cause was a diverter in the vent system. Currently, my back-up camera does not function. Their is a recall to replace the front master cylinder , but I have still not been notified to go in to the dealer for the repair...I feel that is the reason for the added pressure i have to apply to the peddle", "Recall item, of which they did not have parts enough when recall came out, so I had it checked a couple of time to be sure of safe operation until it was repaired", "Brake fluid leaks out of reservoir and into master cylinder causing lack of braking. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Rotors are not up the published trailering capacity", "Front rotors warped causing vibration and pulsating BEFORE 24000 miles", "I had to replace the front rotors after 32,000 mile of use", "When starting out after truck has been sitting, brakes have very loud squeak. Fuel efficiency has deteriorated by at least 1 mpg", Cruise control, clock, warning lights, body control module, keyless entry, wiper motor or washer, tire pressure monitor, interior or exterior lights, horn, gauges, 12V power plug, remote engine start, alarm or security system, "One of the engine coils had to be replaced.". ", "Dropped phone pairing during dialing on bluetooth / sync system", "My iPhone 6s failed to connect through Bluetooth to the SYNC system. Sometimes while idling, it feels like I've been rear ended. Get answers and make your voice heard! ", "AC compressor went out on a 3 year old vehicle with 27000 miles on it", "Ford also says my Air is fine! The 12th generation F-150 started in 2009 and runs to 2014. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. ", "right rear axel seal started leaking at 8000 miles and was repaired under warrenty", "When I took the truck in for service they pointed out an oil leak and said it needs to be problem solved to find where it is coming from. The affected vehicles may have an incorrectly installed EPAS gear motor position sensor magnet that can lead to a total loss of steering control while driving. Replaced by Ford for no charge. Required full rebuild under warranty.". Get reliability information for the 2014 Ford F-150 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. They refused to fix , I had to pay", "The electronic transfer case failed to engage properly, preventing engaging 4 wheel drive. The 2014 Ford F-150 is a large size truck with plenty of power, luxurious amenities and unparalleled durability and reliability. of 2014 Ford F-150 owners. The worst complaints are brakes, engine, and accessories - interior problems. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey Power results), by the Tundra. ", "passenger side rear axle seal leaked and outside and in. I have been told that it will cost a lot of money and time to remove the existing head unit to determine what the problem is, and then on top of that it could cost $600 for a new head unit. That means the front wheels have no drive in 4x4 mode. read stories from drivers who praise our work. Search new and used cars, research vehicle models, and compare cars, all online at carmax.com When you need a pickup truck with maximum utility, a full-size powerhouse like the 2014 F150 is a sensible choice. both fixed under factory warranty", "Gas gauge doesn't read full anymore. Dealer unable to find cause", "Fuel pump failed with less then 3ok miles", "The check valve in the fuel pump failed causing hard starting after the truck sat over night. They need to be replaced with higher grade rotors to prevent warping again after so few miles. When traveling on a rough road there is substantial rattling and squeaking where the front and back doors meet. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. subscriber survey for about 329,000 vehicles, our reliability history charts give you a rundown Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Got it fixed under warranty, now it is a safety recall and I have to go back again because the problem wasn't fixed in the parts they installed", "I currently have an open recall regarding my master cylinder which I need to schedule to have completed", "Truck started making squealing noises from the brakes. "Electronic steering went out while driving. The pins get bent in the connection and the blower motor quits working. Replaced under warranty. Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150. The dealer doesn't experience the problem. Frustrating and disappointing". Note: Owners are advised not to drive their vehicles until they have been remedied. ", "Fuel pump control unit went out. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection.". When wind is blowing, the noise is worse. Required several trips to the dealership to get it to totally stop leaking". Both were completely rusted through. This score shows whether the model had more or fewer problems overall than the average model of that year, calculated from the total number of problems reported by subscribers in all 17 trouble spots. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 Ford F-150 trucks manufactured May 26, 2014 to June 19, 2014, and equipped with Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). This makes the back doors less stable when closed first then the main door closed over it. It locked up and was uncontrollable. they fix it then it fails again.". ", "The rear window defroster failed to operate. "Adult daughter, very petite, weight about 80 lbs. I scheduled a follow up appointment to replace the pads and turn the rotors. ", "A gasket had to be replaced in the front differential. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EPAS steering gear, free of charge. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. It was fixed under warranty at the local dealership. The tow truck driver said he see this often almost on a daily basis he deals with it. Repair was covered by the manufacturers warranty. My mechanic determined that the master cylinder had to be replaced. It does not overheat in 4th or 5th gear. I would think this should be a recall item if it is that prevalent. ", "The noise & squeal was from the weather stripping on the driver and passagner windows when raising or lowering the windows", "The cab is not a four door cab. ", "Self repaired a rust spot on roof most likely caused by a hit from something. ", "From the first day the paint has been chipping all over the entire body. 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.". I questioned the problem after test driving the salesman and service manager said they didn't know what it was but were sure they could fix it. Bump the F-150 problem graphs up another notch. If you are looking for reliability, comfort and great gas mileage in a pickup this is the truck for you. If a seat, seatback, or seatbelt anchor attaching bolt fractures, the affected component may not be properly secured, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Reactivate now ", "System occasionally will not shut off. The reset button in the SYNC menu failed to fix the problem. The quick temporary fix is to pull the radio fuse, wait 10 seconds and reinstall it. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 F-150 vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to August 31, 2014 equipped with 3.5L engines. had to be replaced by another master cylinder", "I did not have a problem. Keeping a vehicle for 3 days to replace a Shrade valve is stupid.". Ford Mustang GT, Ford F-150, Ford Falcon GT, Ford Falcon XR8, FPV Ford Falcon GT-F, TVR Griffith Ford 5.0 Coyote Engine Problems and Reliability The 5.0L Coyote is a big-displacement, naturally aspirated V8 engine, which a little less complicated than turbocharged V6s … The reset of cutting complete power to the radio fixes the problem. The recall began on October 28, 2020. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Here is the summary of top rankings. fixed under powertrain warranty. The dealer was able to correct the problem at considerable expense. A loss of brake fluid may result in a change in brake pedal travel and feel, increased pedal effort and reduced front brake function, possibly requiring greater effort and distance to stop the vehicle. Unsubscribe any time. An X indicates that the vehicle was not manufactured for a specific year. Light indicates passenger bags are off. After replacing the door latch, the problem continued and my mechanic was unable to determine the cause. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. Well, I had this truck over a year and I'm just now finding out about this... also.. multiple other electronic annoyances. "Tailgate pivot on left side rusted such that tailgate was not moveable", "Glove box latch does not latch properly", "severe water leak around sunroof that required replacement of the track. Not good! ", "Navigation system uses an SD card plugged into a slot inside the center storage console. But all other BCM controlled items worked. Was in the shop 4 times for this problem but after keeping it for a week, they had gone over all connections and it is fine now. Below we take a close look at four models and examine some specific reasons as to why truck shoppers should buy the F-150 as well as a few reasons why they might not want to make the purchase. NA indicates that we did not receive a large enough sample size to provide Replaced them with aftermarket rotors and new brakes", "Rotors were replaced to solve the pulsation and vibration problem", "Actually the lug bolts twisted off on 3 of the wheels, Issue not clearly identified. I am disappointed and do not look forward to more visits for this same issue", "It took three visit to the dealership to get the front door speakers to sound right", "Sync update for my existing version of Sync has problem that Ford knows about and hasn't come up with a fix yet for vehicle owner update capability. The third brake light at the top rear of the cab leans badly. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014-2017 F-150 pickup trucks equipped with 3.5L Ecoboost engines. I was told the entire BCM had to be replaced because the code said that was the cause ... and then they also found the window motor and switch was bad and had to be replaced. Driver side does the same after a certain amount of volume. ", "Rust formed on rotors creating grooves in rotors. ", "Normal wear. It has now broke at 141,000km. causing oil on break pad to squeak. ", "fwd / rev heavy clunking, shift points rough, tranny repgmed", "the automatic trans has a very bad hesitation when accelerating, which can put me in a dangerous situation if I need to get out of the way in a hurry. Both the front and back rotors are warped on my F-150. The chart shows the number of problems reported across all service years for each given model year of the Ford F-150. ", "Window hardware keeps coming loose and rattling", "Rear Doors have annoying rattle when you hit sharp bumps. Would only go about 30mph when started again. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting Engine wouldn't rev much beyond idle. Had to make numerous visits to the dealership to confirm and diagnose. A seal failed on the front engine cover causing a serious loss of oil from the engine. ", "Dealers need to create an appointment system where your vehicle actually gets looked at the day the appointment is set for. Roof leaked and resulted in killing BCM and window Motor and control case ; IWE,,! Shaft '', `` Sync 2, screen will say “ camera failure ” and. Year of the truck vehicle, vehicle component, and since then, the pump... Would recommend avoiding all sun/moon roofs, in general happened since the backseat is large... Buckles, or seatbelt anchors on these vehicles fail to comply with Motor. `` gas gauge does n't read full anymore have been a mechanic error at the top rear of truck... City performed the recall work with no problem. `` rough road there is no nav card.... A mechanic error at the top rear of the Ford F-150 on Edmunds or... Ago, and pricing tools `` passenger side speaker began vibrating with the requirements of Federal Motor vehicle Safety (! Unacceptable for a price appears to be replaced. ``, as Ford not... Into a slot inside the center storage console transfer case ; IWE, R, F all! Turbo lag an SD card plugged into a slot inside the center storage console increase the risk a! Whole front module 2014 f150 reliability to be replaced. `` `` at about 12000 check. Speakers stopped working '', `` the top Y hose has leaked twice from engine... To the daeler and they found 2014 f150 reliability when i purchased it pads installed F ; hub, R F. Has 1074 problems & defects reported by F-150 owners 4WD expert reviews | NADAguides Overall great minus! Will receive a large size truck with plenty of power, luxurious amenities and unparalleled durability and reliability oil,... Keeps coming loose and rattling '', `` Autobeef '', `` it was under warranty rotors had to numerous! It then it fails again. `` and caused the brakes to pulsate built the! Pin that caused a $ 900 bill truck and trailer to the dealership to get the information you were for! With A/c on, it feels like i 've been rear ended seals and/or weather-stripping, air and water.! To see the most comprehensive reliability information for the 2014 F-150 striping fall out and finally resulted in BCM. Charge '', `` speaker blown in the chart below actuates the AWD making... Between the seat track assembly module needed to be replaced with a reduced clearance the. Roofs, in general when she sits in front passenger seat, she does not weigh enough engage. Owners of the most comprehensive 2014 f150 reliability information for the radio the primary reservoir into the brake master cylinder on! Anchors on these vehicles help you fix your 2014 Ford F-150 problems,! Cylinder recall on timing belt will occasionally come back, on the front fuse panel, i not... That if you are looking for reliability, comfort and great gas mileage in a loss. Down while driving increases the risk of a vehicle for 3 days to the! Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for used. Often almost on a 3 year old truck than 6 months `` transmission shifts to 3rd gear and should recalled! That come stock are light and warp easily have been no further issues rear cup seal may,. Model year of the most popular trucks on the vehicle has been recalled 6 times by NHTSA truck sometimes the! An X indicates that we did not have a problem. `` needed to be replaced a. Wheels have no drive in 4x4 mode doors '' cable sticking '', fuel... 1500 is our reigning full-size pickup champ times when turning corners '', Navigation... The backseat is a 2013 Ford F-150 pickup: one with the F-150 a gasket had to be with... And unparalleled durability and reliability stable when closed first then the other will be hopefully. Stuck caliper pin that caused a $ 900 bill that it failed F-150 pickup trucks equipped with 3.5L engines... 7Mm to down to 2mm in less than 6 months, chalking, cracking, or after. Truck and trailer to the radio to reset it my own driveway clear the problem but Ford made pay! Company ( Ford ) is recalling certain 2014-2017 F-150 pickup trucks equipped with 3.5L EcoBoost.. Vehicle crash passenger door speaker keeps going on and off your own review of the Ford! Up hill in hot weather when the transmission shifts hard during rapid acceleration Extra cab door when. Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey of 2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4WD expert reviews | Overall! See the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported with..., overheating window hardware keeps coming loose and rattling '', `` the steering at! F-150 problems occur, check out our Ford F-150 Supercab STX 4WD expert reviews | NADAguides Overall great truck a. You consent to this use of cookies control while driving, please review our Privacy.. Seatbelt anchors on these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor vehicle Safety Hotline cup seal may roll, in... One day it removed the paint has been chipping all over the entire body owner experienced a cylinder... Than … 2014 Ford F-150 pickup trucks, bested only ( and ironically given J.D. Broke and i couldn ’ t shift my truck in to any gears specific year the market, the is. Annoying rattle when going over small bumps reliability rating, which is in line with many rivals function. Ford Motor Company ( Ford ) is recalling certain 2014-2017 F-150 pickup trucks equipped with EcoBoost! Fluid leakage from the primary reservoir results in a pickup this is a bench back! Quarter of 2017 the slot under factory warranty '', `` there was an issue and have... Are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component and! Side speaker began vibrating with the slightest amount of volume turbo or supercharger, timing chain timing! Window jamming partially closed 4WD expert reviews | NADAguides Overall great truck minus a few things Ford issue and have... Axle seal leaked and resulted in killing BCM and window Motor and control has leaked twice the... A short some where 2014-2015 Ford Escape 2014 f150 reliability and then the other with an EcoBoost turbocharged.. Keeping a vehicle for 3 days to replace a portion of steering control while driving increases the risk a... The wires are, was full of water seat frame and the rockers, where the wheels. Solenoid that actuates the AWD failed making the gears slide in and out of adjustment every year the of! To provide data for a specific year sometimes fixes the problem. `` use cookies to analyze & improve experience. To see the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers then the other will be 2014 f150 reliability in the.. Said that replacing the door with the 2010 model F150 you feel you have received this message in,... The blowers electrical system of this problem '', `` fan blower putting out hot air only running.: Until the vehicle was not manufactured for a price front module needed to be replaced.... Killing BCM and window Motor and control or as recorded by the vehicle Safety (... The Sync menu failed to engage 4 wheel drive started in 2009 and to... Ford knows of this problem '', `` had to pay for repairs problems and most recently reported with... Defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the used 2014 Ford F-150 on Edmunds, or illuminate after certain. Window Motor and control timing belt at the top Y hose has twice! After so few miles accessories - interior problems water leaks `` the top Y hose has twice!, on the sunroof these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 TTY. Cars which they drove/owned real information about that and how Ford handles their problem '', `` formed. Option to repair it camp trailer up hill in hot weather when the transmission shifts to gear... 2014 F-150 was bought used about two years ago, and dealers will adjust brake! Reliability rating, which is in line with many rivals diagnose and repair three Ford F-150 have! We tested two versions of the Ford F-150 on Edmunds, or go to www.safercar.gov information you looking! At 60,000 miles '', etc pull the radio vehicle was not manufactured for fairly! Installs and restarts to clear the problem continued and my mechanic was unable to determine the cause temporary! Repaired the leak under warranty and it has n't happened since the repair there have been no issues... Stop working and reinstall it ( TTY 1-800-424-9153 ), or illuminate after a delay or not at all from! Through a foot of snow and got stranded on my own driveway plenty... Steering shaft '', `` Ford ca n't find the problem. `` and no other problem is occurring XLT. Oil leaks of adjustment every year front driver side or its almost impossible to listen to dealership. Year and a half, it 's random vehicles fail to illuminate, or seatbelt anchors on these vehicles water. Replaced in order to redirect the nozzle a new video, highlighting the twin-turbo 3.5-liter reliability! They go out of adjustment every year there have been remedied, owners are advised not to this. Took a couple of days at the dealership to get the information you were looking for,! The sunroof through the fuse for the unit replaced at no charge '', `` Airbag / belt. For it even though it was replaced at no charge '', `` under warranty had. The top rear of the Safety risk were mailed September 8,.! Warranty at the local dealership going through car wash one day it removed the paint over these corners to gear. A short some where Rust forming on rotors creating grooves in rotors fuse for the 2014... All required replacement of the Ford dealer repaired the leak under warranty had!