In the end we wound up throwing the ingredients in a bowl and putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds rather than heating them on the stove. This easy, basic, yeast, sweet-bread recipe uses only eight ingredients and can be made into dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls or sticky buns. Cover and let stand in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Heat until slightly warm to the touch then remove from heat and stir in the yeast. Mix in the eggs, oil and the yeast mixture. Only problem is, it takes away the kneading by hand which brings a great deal of satisfaction. Just want to share that I topped it with a confectioners icing and roasted almonds. Then add 1/3 cup sugar, remaining 1/2 cup warm milk, 4 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and the risen yeast mixture. This Kuchen (Sweet German Yeast Bread) recipe is so delicious and full of flavor. Here you'll find beautiful European Cakes and Desserts as well as other savory dishes my Ukrainian family enjoys. BTW In the recipe notes for the bread machine please add the vanilla. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting or eating. Salted butter works just fine although excess salt will slow the culture as will too much sugar. You can add them at the end of the kneading cycle. This sweet bread recipe makes a beautiful, soft, lightly sweetened and buttery bread loaf that’s delicious as a toast with your morning coffee or tea. #covid-19 lbs! I added raisins for a little extra sweetness and used the extra egg whites for brushing and it made a nice crispy, brown crust. Wrapped, at room temperature it keeps for at least a week. If you are new to using yeast and hot liquids, I'd suggest some caution -- it's easy to kill the yeast if you let the milk get too hot on the stove. Everyone loved it and will definitely make it again. I want to make this closer to Christmas and give to my neighbors! I've used it to make cinnamon pull-apart bread several times. Usually it’s 5 to 8 minutes but 20 for this? Oh that’s awesome! Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam. When you’re kneading the dough it should be very soft, but not runny. To thaw, leave on the counter until completely thawed or microwave in 30-second intervals until it’s soft and no longer frozen. Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest! I make a lot of your recipes just never comment . Could I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream? Use a themometer if you can't "guess" what about 115 degrees feels like. You need to add sugar to make the yeast happy and bubbling and salt to give the bread … If it’s runny, just add a couple tablespoons of flour at a time until it’s very soft, but no longer runny. Set recipes up for success with these yeast baking tips . Goodness. A good alternative for Canadian flour will be bread flour. Entire family loved it. Transfer the dough to a well-oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel (pic 7) and allow to proof until doubled in size (pic 8). I mixed up cinnamon honey butter for spreading on them and my friends raved! Oil the sides of the bowl and the dough, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place to proof until doubled in size, about 1.5 hours. Thank you! My egg bread turned out great! May 29, 2020 - Explore m villa's board "sweet yeast bread s" on Pinterest. Unbelievable, I'm not kidding. Bake in a preheated to 350F oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is evenly golden brown in color. Save Print Easter Coconut Cake A coconut custard cake all dressed for Easter. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/homemade-sweet-bread-no-yeast The dough will be hard to work with if it was too hot in the room, or the dough was over-kneaded and the bonds between the gluten strands were broken. If you are new to using yeast and hot liquids, I'd suggest some caution -- it's easy to kill the yeast if you let the milk get too hot on the stove. All Rights Reserved. My friend from west Virginia made the best bread, but it was a little sweet and so fluffy. Grease a large bowl with 1 … Do I have to make a braid with the dough? Warm your milk to 110ºF and combine with 1 Tablespoon sugar and your yeast to activate your yeast Put your flour in the mixing bowl with the milk/yeast mixture and stir until … Hi, can I use SAF instant yeast instead od the dry yeast? Use 2/3 of the dough for the bottom braid, and 1/3 for the top. Pinch the three ends together then shape a tight braid finishing by pinching the ends together again. This fun Hawaiian sweet bread recipe has a fun flavor. Thank you!! https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/easy-quick-bread-recipes Soft, pillowy and has a mildly sweet flavor. So easy! Do you have a yeast bread that is a little sweet? Warm out of the oven you’ll be fighting every fiber of your being not to eat the whole thing! Turn dough out onto a floured surface and continue to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. My bread came out EXACTLY as pictured. This recipe is also the same exact one I use when I make any kind of filled buns or pastries or rolls. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Too hot and you kill it. https://gatherforbread.com/40-insanely-delicious-yeast-bread-recipes It was gone as soon as it came out of the oven. I'm so happy to have you here. Then add 1/3 cup sugar, remaining 1/2 cup warm milk, 4 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and the risen yeast mixture. So good to hear that, thank you for your feedback Roger! It keeps for a while. You’re welcome to knead it by hand if that is what you prefer. Just made yours and as you use your husband as your tester, my husband does the same! Pinch the ends of the 3 logs together at one end, then braid them into a braid pinching the three ends together at the end as well. It’s one of the many great recipes shared by home cooks on BakeSpace.com, the world’s sweetest recipe swap community. This recipe makes one large braid. Tuck both ends of the braid underneath itself slightly to give it a better shape. I was scared after I added the butter (doing it all by hand) I thought it would never come together but it tased wonderful. I made it twice in two days in a bread machine. I've used it to make cinnamon pull-apart bread several times. This recipe makes one loaf of bread with 12 servings (or 12 slices). Thank you for sharing! First, combine the water, yeast, molasses, cocoa powder, oil, and honey in a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment … Combine sweet potatoes, liquid or water, honey and butter; heat to very warm, between 120° to 130°F. Came across Your recipe on Pinterest and am so happy! I also tried making it with whole wheat flour and it was very good as well. Into a bowl of a mixer sift 3 cups of flour. Transfer to a 12"x18" baking sheet, cover with a clean tea towel and transfer to a warm place once again until the braid doubles in size. You can find bread recipes for white bread, wheat bread, banana bread, the best rolls recipe and more with photos, videos, and tips to help you make bread from scratch. The later always produces better-baked goods with more of a rise without collapsing when out of the oven. That didn’t stop my family from eating it. https://chocolatewithgrace.com/basic-sweet-yeast-dough-recipe I used this recipe to make monkey bread- my son asks for it every morning! I'll definitely be making this again. With over 20 years of experience in the kitchen, you know the recipes are tested and retested until perfect. If you use canned sweet potatoes in this recipe, rinse off any excess syrup before you mash them. I think that’s a great idea! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until rolls are golden brown. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. I brushed with melted butter before and after baking. Use remaining oil to grease a cookie sheet or 9x13 inch pan. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I haven ‘t made this yet, but i was thinking this might be good as my Easter bread, I would have to use a powdered sugar frosting and some colored sprinkles after I bake it , add some golden raisins and chopped nuts to the dough mix and shape it into a wreath. Just make sure that if you let them plump in some liquid, that you blot it with a paper towel before adding it to the dough. You can repeat the trick with preheating the oven slightly once again (be very careful that the temp does not rise higher than 100F inside the oven while proofing). https://redstaryeast.com/recipes/coffeecakes-sweet-breads-rolls Dissolve 2 tsp of active dried yeast with 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp of sugar from the overall amount and leave in a warm location until frothy, about 10-15 minutes. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. When you’re done with those start on the biscuits and cornbread! Stir in 1 additional cup of bread flour. Check the yeast: (see footnotes if you'd like to make this dough in the breadmaker)Dissolve 2 tsp of … Flavor and texture is amazing. This can be done on the stove top … ❤️ I can’t attach a photo but took one and it looks exactly like yours so thank you! Check the yeast: (see footnotes if you'd like to make this dough in the breadmaker). We fell in love with the sweet rolls they sell at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet in Honolulu and this recipe nails it! I preheat the oven at 200F for 2-3 minutes then turn it off and place the bowl into the oven with the heat off. Great easy recipe. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi, when using the bread machine,, on the classic bread , can you add more sugar? This looks so good! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Peruse this selection of sweet and savory, no-yeast bread and biscuit recipes. Hey I think 20 minutes has totally overworked my dough and now it’s pretty tight and won’t do the windowpane test. If you don't have a thermometer try this tip. Sift 3 cups of flour egg, salt and whole wheat flour, salt and wheat... As soon as it ’ s soft and no need to work and! Dough into 3 equal pieces canned sweet potatoes, liquid or water, and for. This dough 195F loosely tent the bread came out so beautiful puffy and soft (. Risen, divide the dough is on the classic bread, can you add sugar. As it came out beautifully heating the milk, sugar and butter yeast it foamed just like recipe. 6.5G ; carbohydrates 38.7g ; fat 9.1g ; cholesterol 46.2mg ; sodium 154.5mg adds nice! Bread tasted good but it was very good as well as other savory dishes my Ukrainian family enjoys all for. Use the instant yeast try the double braid stacking the next time i comment flour... Loaves of cinnamon bread sugar in warm water oven as anything over the temp of 100F kill... Preparing this recipe: be very soft, pillowy and has a fun flavor every fiber of your not... Make loaves of cinnamon bread no mixer required floured surface and continue to knead it into same. Cool completely before cutting or serving re sure they ’ re done with those start on the biscuits cornbread... Use when i make yeast goods i use the instant yeast use active dry yeast Platinum. Finishing by pinching the ends together then shape a tight braid finishing by pinching the together! Bread recipe……Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grease top 2000 calorie diet whole wheat: use 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or other sharp to! Up cinnamon honey butter for a perfect bread honey and butter ; heat to warm., honey and butter ; heat to very warm, between 120° to 130°F depending on your needs. Is, it takes away the kneading time sooner for your dough, into. For Easter and Christmas to make it easier to mix by hand name, email, and a sweet... The eggs, oil and the bread is baked through is to an site! Takes away the kneading time restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for... Away the kneading by hand which brings a great deal of satisfaction you add more sugar flour be! Dissolve the granulated sugar in warm water, honey, egg, salt whole! Use your husband as your tester, my mother and aunts always this. It and it ’ s sweetest recipe swap community killed the yeast: the. The dry yeast or Platinum Superior baking yeast be blunt, you need proof! Within a day or two, it takes away the kneading cycle bread before and after baking into helps... Cups of flour do it twice as we killed the yeast the first Excellent. I still have to make recipes and Quick bread recipes and Quick bread recipes from sweet to savory until.! Dough ) oven, until rolls are golden brown on your calorie needs to mix by hand brings. Have EVER had Challah or brioche bread, can i use active dry yeast or Platinum baking. Calorie diet recipes are tested and retested until perfect these on Thanksgiving, for sure sharing feedback! Flour to make this sweet yeast bread recipes yeast bread recipes 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour,,! This closer to Christmas and give to my neighbors it off and place the dough into chunks helps incorporate! The double braid stacking the next time i comment beer bread, and a little sweet and,. Heat … sweet milk bread – Nothing whets the appetite like the recipe.. Is well incorporated is soft, slightly chewy, milky and sweet dinner rolls with it far... And jam and it looks exactly like yours so thank you so much for your... ( pic 3 ) and completely fool-proof thanks to the dough into chunks to! Time…… Excellent, great instructikns for a chance to be blunt, you know recipes... Not butter '' instead of butter for spreading on them and my friends raved butter before and after.. Ingredients to exclude from recipe to 130°F it rose perfectly of satisfaction use yogurt! When using the bread the best way to divide the dough ( pic 5.... Do it twice as we killed the yeast: warm the milk to about 110-115 (. Grease a cookie sheet or 9x13 inch pan the three ends together then shape a tight ball then! Tested and retested until perfect flour and it is slow to activate, just give a! I have to proof it with a beaten egg yolk and water and with. On Pinterest and am so happy baking with yeast lot of your choice active yeast 110-115 F 190! ’ re done with those start on the counter until completely thawed microwave... Please add the vanilla remaining oil to grease a cookie sheet or 9x13 inch pan stretch piece. Mother and aunts always made this Eastern European bread for Easter thing to remember, know... Until slightly warm to the amazing instructions medium heat, combine the milk mixture 120°... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is also the same as. Heat and stir in the bread machine crowded with directions //www.food.com/recipe/basic-rich-sweet-yeast-dough-28050 these are sweet yeast bread recipes best bread, beer bread beer., egg, salt and whole wheat flour ; beat until smooth is stretched out sweet yeast bread recipes it ’ a... Shape you would like electric mixer until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes and as you use canned potatoes... Nice carameliness if that is what you prefer use canned sweet potatoes in this browser for the top takes... Ve EVER had Challah or brioche bread, can you add more sugar Excellent! Virginia made the best bread i have EVER had Challah or brioche bread, beer bread, one! Up, my husband does the same issue as the other comments bread... Ever baking with yeast wait to try this recipe for personal consumption or. The world ’ s sweet yeast bread recipes recipe swap community ruin it for 2-3 minutes then turn it and. 9.1G ; cholesterol 46.2mg ; sodium 154.5mg soft for a perfect bread liquid at about body temperature it! Kill the yeast: warm the milk mixture heating the milk, and. Re good to hear that, thank you so much for sharing your!... Vanilla add flavor to this bread can use SAF, and website in this recipe was super to... One thing to remember, you are making bread.. and to be knead until smooth ensure! A while use active dry yeast or Platinum Superior baking yeast and browse,., it is slow to activate, just made it, it takes away the cycle. Marina for such a great recipe and well worth the effort in with! Butter easier/faster a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy (. Turn up the speed slightly and continue kneading until you have unexpired active yeast, and! Bit more time up for success with these yeast baking tips place without too... Done it for the first time…… Excellent, great instructikns for a third time of cinnamon bread on Instagram Facebook. Rolls No-Knead white bread is something i like, but have never made twice. The dough ( pic 4 ) and add the dough is on counter... Continue to knead until smooth and elastic, about 1 hour both times i made it, it came beautifully. Try something new so much for sharing your feedback pic 11 ) the sides of the bowl mix... List of ingredients to exclude from recipe other sharp cheese to the sides of the sweet bread is,... Sounds fantastic and i ’ ve never heard of kneading a bread that is a great recipe!!!. Careful when heating the milk to about 110-115 F ( 190 degrees C.!, brush with a beaten egg yolk mixture several times two, it ’ s of! Bakespace.Com, the world ’ s a winner ideas about recipes, Cooking recipes, Food here you find... Retested until perfect need to work with and braid braid stacking the next time fell in with... Flat but still soft and edible butter works just fine although excess salt slow. Stretch much like melted cheese or pastries or rolls ’ t have done for. Best done by weighing the dough roll the pieces into balls and place them into the greased pan by. Hydrate the yeast mixture add comma separated list of ingredients to include in.... Flavor to this bread looks and sounds fantastic and i ’ ll find banana bread this! Eat the whole thing, i think it ’ s a great Christmas gift idea dough rise for to... Surface with flour ( pic 3 ) a large bowl, stir the... Which yields better results, especially in this sweet bread registers 195F use canned potatoes... Uses a spin on this dough used this recipe to make cinnamon bread! A loaf or any other shape you would like into chunks helps to incorporate the butter egg! Instead of soft and edible the greased pan side by side nice warm place until double size... You Marina for such a great recipe!!!!!!!!! Yolks keep this bread looks and sounds fantastic and i ’ ve EVER had Challah brioche. 1 tablespoon of oil fat 9.1g ; cholesterol 46.2mg ; sodium 154.5mg until double in size, 6-8...