Add Supports: First, note required distance between 2” × 4” supports for proper valve mounting and install two 2” × 4” wood supports in between studs for valve mounting. Aside from being connected to a GFCI outlet, the only requirement is that the valve be accessible and not completely closed behind a wall. At the initial set-up of the controller, the time zone is selected. Reason: U by Moen skill has not been enabled and connected to the users U by Moen account, Solution: Enable the U by Moen skill within the Alexa app and connect the U by Moen account to the Alexa account. Results per page: 24. Are there any layout considerations I need to be aware of before the controller is installed? Moen M-Power 3.5 GPF Retro Fit Electronic Toilet Flushometer Valve for 1-1/2" Top Spud. Once you find the temperature you prefer and identify which outlets you want to have on, you can save those settings for future use. You can choose to have a timer display on the U by Moen shower controller to help manage your time in the shower. 3 days - Answered by a verified Plumber. White Plastic Slip Joint Tubular P-Trap with Marvel Adapter / $ 2.20 This battery backup will allow approximately two showers per day for three days with no WiFi. You would need to follow the following steps to connect the existing controller to your new router/Wi-Fi network. Reason: The preset that was requested either doesn't exist or was not understood by Alexa. It's simple to download the U by Moen app to an iOS or Android mobile device from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. M-Power Electronic Single Hole Touch Free Bathroom Faucet. How will I know when the batteries need to be changed? The valve is supplied in the open position to allow for pressure testing of connections. Power and data cables must also be routed to avoid damage when installing the valve or controller installation screws. With the U by Moen shower app, you can remotely start the shower from your smartphone. In addition to managing the order of existing presets, you can also create new presets from this menu and select which ones are app-only and which are synced with the controller. Examples of stopping the shower using Alexa: Why do I have to use the command phrase "Alexa ask Moen" to start my shower? Can I upgrade my four outlet ioDigital valve shower to the four outlet U by Moen shower without a major remodel? Visit the Apple App store or Google Play store to download the latest version of the app. How many presets can you have for two outlet and four outlet SKUs? Once your U by Moen shower is connected to Alexa, you can turn control your shower with your voice. However, the max flow rate of the S3104 four-outlet valve is 14 gpm at 45 psi. The valve then automatically adjusts the mix of hot and cold water using a thermistor and digital control system to precisely achieve and maintain the desired temperature even with changing inlet water temperatures and pressures. This battery backup will allow approximately two showers per day for three days with no WiFi. Firmware 2.0.0 or greater is required for Alexa. No, it uses a thermistor and digital control system to precisely maintain temperature with changing inlet water temperatures and pressures. Solution: Make sure you say the preset name clearly and exactly as it in your U by Moen app. I already have one phone synced to the controller. The next editable field is the name you would like to follow the greeting on the controller. mom). From intimate galley kitchens to large gourmet workstations, Align faucets bring a refreshed, modern look to your home. Any Alexa enabled device is compatible with U by Moen. You will receive a notification when this feature becomes available. What smart home systems is U by Moen compatible with? When I did my shower, I looked to find one that had a battery backup ready-made. Sign up to receive Moen design trends and tips. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. If you already have the U by Moen app on your phone, make sure it is the latest version. Can I use quick connects for inlet and outlet? First, tap the “Timer” row to open the “Timer Edit” screen. The first option is an audible tone from the controller; this is the factory default. This will remove the current shower controller from the app. Reason: Alexa did not understand the keyword "Moen" (pronounced 'Moe-en') in your voice command or the shower hasn't been connected to Alexa yet. Some cosmetic work may be required to the wall where the controller was mounted to cover the iO controller mounting holes that may be exposed after the U by Moen shower controller is installed. 48. Ensure that the tankless heater has a sufficient flow rate for your U by Moen shower system. The controller is not a touch screen. If I need to replace my controller for any reason, what steps will I need to follow to connect my new controller to my home Wi-Fi network? If you have any issues with integrating your U by Moen shower with your Amazon, Apple or Google smart home system please contact Moen customer support at 1-800-BUY-MOEN. From there, tap on any preset you would like to use to start the shower remotely. Press “Next” and then “Confirm” on the following screen. or "I couldn't find (, Reason: The voice command did not include the keyword "Moen". Is an access panel required for the U by Moen shower valve? Can I add multiple controllers for the U by Moen shower valve? There will also be text in the bottom left of the screen indicating that these current shower settings reflect a preset. The U by Moen shower valve outlets are standard pipe sizes 1/2". The 120-volt GFCI electrical outlet should be installed by a licensed electrician. However, the ioDigital and U by Moen shower data cables have unique connections. When the warm-up mode is enabled, the shower can be programmed to provide an audible alert when the preset temperature is reached, send a message to a phone and/or pause the water until you are ready to shower. The U by Moen shower operates with standard hot water tanks and typical drainage. The mounting bracket and screws are provided for the controller. Most water meters (and leak detection systems) can’t detect small drips of water. From the “Presets” tab of the smartphone app, you should click the “Edit” button. Yes. You can scroll through minutes and seconds individually to select the desired timer length. Download Controller Installation Guide. Note: The controller is not required to test plumbing. The U by Moen shower app allows user to give each preset a name, which would correlate with an activity (e.g. Insert the other end of the cable into the data port at the bottom of the valve. There are 3 reasons that a network would not appear in the list: You would need to follow the following steps to connect the new controller to your home Wi-Fi network. Use dedicated 1/2” supply lines for the S3102 valve and 3/4” supply lines for the S3104 valve. Model: TS3304. The spout enhances the … Solution: Make sure the voice command you give Alexa starts with, "Alexa ask Moen...". When plumbing the outlets align the A to D outlets on the valve to the desired A-D outlet buttons on the controller. be evaluated with the size of the tub in question. ", Reason: U by Moen skill has not been enabled and connected to the users U by Moen account, Solution: Enable the U by Moen skill within the Alexa app and connect the U by Moen account to the Alexa account, Alexa response: "The temperature you've requested is higher than the max temperature setting on the shower.". Access the 'Technical Information' page on the controller. How do I sync additional phones to the controller? From precise temperature controls to exact measurements or operation from any one of four controls, MOEN … You can also turn the shower off with Alexa. Once all the timer settings are finalized. Select 'Add Device' and follow the instructions provided by the U by Moen app after this selection is made. Shower controllers can be named after locations in the house for easy identification (e.g. Prep Valve: Shutoffs are required for installation and/or servicing of shower valve. Connecting Power Plug: Plug AC power adapter (K) into AC outlet within wood studs. No. Moen U by Moen Digital Shower Controller- 4 Outlet trim pad with 3/4" Connections and Wifi Technology. Turn on the shower to a specific preset (created within the U by Moen app) or to a specific temperature. types of walling, venting) may reduce this distance. Shower valve should rest on lower wood support. Moen 8310AC16. 1 GPF Toilet Flushometer with 1-1/2" Top Spud from the M-POWER Collection. Make sure the valve is installed within one of the approved orientations. You can also create a new preset (up to 10 additional) in this menu. The valve can be placed up to 30 feet from the shower controller for added flexibility and easy access to a GFCI power outlet. Moen takes your privacy and security seriously. Not at this time. Does the U by Moen shower run on AC power or batteries? shower in on. Clicking on the current WiFi network will permit the selection of a different network if necessary. On the 2 outlet valve, S3102, the inlets and outlet are both 1/2". FREE Shipping. The smartphone and controller will always mimic each other. No. The slight flare of the handle and the curve of the spout make this a transitional look that works with a … Yes – you can sync multiple controllers to a user account. can download the app to their phones and login to the app using the email and password associated with the account. Moen U by Moen Align 1.5 GPM Single Hole Pull Down Kitchen Faucet with Voice Control. Can the display be turned off when it is not in use? Any additional smart phones must login under the email and password associated with a U by Moen account. All three ports are located on the underside of the valve between the inlets. In the upper right-hand corner of the 'Technical Information' page, select 'Reset Wi-Fi Credentials'. Ensure that AC power adapter is within 5 ft. (152 cm) of the shower valve (F) and has continuous power. What type of smart phones can be connected to the controller? Are there specific drainage requirements? Open the U my Moen app. Examples of starting the shower using Alexa: "Alexa, ask Moen (pronounced 'Moe-en') to start my shower" - turns shower on to 100 degrees with primary shower fixture running, "Alexa, ask Moen to turn on my shower to 98 degrees" - turns shower on to 98 degrees with primary shower fixture running, "Alexa, ask Moen to start preset Workout" - turns on your shower to all the settings you customized for your "Workout" preset within the U by Moen app. What kind of router do I need to connect my U by Moen? Reason: The preset that was requested either doesn't exist or was not understood by Alexa. You have the option to change the order of your presets from within the app and to change which presets are synced to the 1 and 2 buttons on the controller. This option can be enabled during the initial set-up of the controller. Each button press equals one degree of temperature change. When you tap on this field, a keyboard will appear at the bottom of the app for entering a desired greeting name. Yes. Can I install the U by Moen outside of the United States or Canada? The first editable field is the “Title” of the preset. Don't use the same word in multiple presets. The max flow rate of the S3102 two 2-outlet valve is 9 gpm at 45 psi. How do I change the outlet icons on the controller screen? U by Moen 4-Outlet Thermostatic Digital Shower Controller gives you previously unseen personalization options, perfectly tailored to your needs, such as warming up their shower … The controller screen will change color from light blue to dark blue to purple to orange to red (based on target temperature) as the shower warms up to the desired temperature. Once an account is created, any additional users How do I know if the optional Battery Backup (service kit 179573) is connected to my valve? What happens when a power outage occurs while shower is ON? Do you need a larger hot water tank to operate the U by Moen shower? When the valve detects a power outage, the shower will safely turn off. Then secure each support with wood screws (not provided). Standard pipe caps can be used. What about security? Solution: Clearly speak the command and word "Moen" (pronounced 'Moe-en') during the voice command and make sure the U by Moen skill is enabled in your Alexa app and synced to your U by Moen account, Alexa response: "I couldn’t find my shower." Once the shower reaches the desired temperature. Is there a published API available? You may need to move your router closer to the U by Moen device in order to improve the Wi-Fi connection. Reason: The requested temperature is higher than the "Maximum Temperature Setting" within the U by Moen app for that shower. Select 'Reset Wi-Fi Credentials'. Can I move the U by Moen shower controller once it has been installed? To edit a preset, tap the desired preset you want to customize. TRENDnet TEW-691GB is the only router that has reported issues. An outlet icon on the controller can be changed to a tub spout if the app has be downloaded onto your phone and the controller is connected to the cloud/internet. Reason: Alexa did not understand the keyword "Moen" (pronounced 'Moe-en') in your voice command or the shower hasn't been connected to Alexa yet. The U by Moen is now compatible with: How do I pair my U by Moen with my Amazon devices? To obtain the security code from the controller to securely sync to the app, first press and hold the hot temperature arrow key on the controller for five seconds. Then attach controller (E) to bracket (A) as shown. Are there any special router requirements? Mount Valve: Mount shower valve (F) to both wood supports as shown. You will see the two default presets labeled “Preset 1 and Preset 2”) as well as an option to “Add a Preset.” The top two presets are linked to the 1 and 2 buttons on the controller. After a few seconds, the screen will transition back to the shower status screen. Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone, Setup your Echo device through the Alexa app, Open the Alexa app and click "Skills" from the app menu, Search for "U by Moen" in the skill search bar, Click "Enable" within the U by Moen skill, Enter your U by Moen email address and password to sync your U by Moen account to your Alexa account, Allow Alexa to connect to your U by Moen account. Moen takes your privacy and security seriously. The U by Moen shower controller is attached to the wall with a mounting bracket that is secured with two screws. The app has only been tested and approved for use with Android and Apple iOS smart phones. $518.36 . Reason: Alexa did not hear a number but instead of a word for the temperature requested. Once you’ve completed all the adjustments to the order of the presets. It’s important to adhere to the following plumbing requirements during installation: Plumb outlet A of the valve to the primary showerhead. Did Moen develop this digital technology? The max flow rate of the S3104 four 4-outlet valve is 14 gpm at 45 psi. No one wants to step into a shower that’s burning hot or toe-chillingly cold first thing in the morning. The max flow rate of the S3104 4-outlet valve is 14 gpm at 45 psi. display will appear under normal use when the valve is running on AC power. Brantford kitchen and bar/prep faucets make a traditionally styled space feel truly finished. Let us help you find a solution to the problem you are having. Yes, the four outlet U by Moen shower valve has the same number and size of inlets and outlets as the ioDigital the ioDigital 4 outlet valve. Select a desired water temperature (hotter or colder) by pressing the hot or cold arrow keys on the button pad. The access panel is a standard code requirement and is required to access the shut-offs, filter screens, AC outlet and optional battery backup and service the valve if needed. What is the minimum water pressure needed for a digital valve? Once your U by Moen shower is connected to Alexa, you can turn control your shower with your voice. Next, enter this PIN into the mobile app. In these cases, we recommend using a repeater/extender to boost the signal range. The filter screens are accessible from the access panel side of the valve. Select 'Forget Controller'. Please use the Alexa app to link your U by Moen account. Select Time Zone: Select your preferred temperature units, time zone and country using the hot/cold arrow keys to scroll. Does the U by Moen shower offer a warm-up mode? workout) or a person (e.g. Can I turn off the shower using my smart phone even if it was turned on using a controller? How many smart phones can be connected to the controller? Open the U my Moen app. During the initial install, a language was selected for the controller display. What are the benefits of pairing my device with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or Google Assistant? Information regarding your account and connectivity is made available to Moen customer service to assist with remote diagnostics and troubleshooting, as well as to verify your identity when contacting our customer service team. 36. Alexa response: "You must connect your U by Moen account to use this skill. With Apple iOS smart phones that can be cleaned using a 3/16” drill.! Or an Earth-Leakage Circuit Breaker ( ELCB ) to an account if I 'm not sure '' or 3/4,... Mode option which will only allow one outlet to be active at a time that connects the?. Is ready four 4-outlet valve is designed to work with existing showerheads, hand and! Provided ), app-driven shower `` you u by moen no power connect your U by Moen shower use. A different network if necessary “Done” button PEX, copper and CPVC will turn! Water is isolated from the shower area to preserve these settings and move to. Allow approximately two showers per day for three days with no WiFi controls to exact measurements operation. App within the mobile app a word for the S3104 four 4-outlet valve is 9 at... ) may reduce this distance n't have a 1” hole for the U Moen. A pop-up window stating that the app has only been tested and approved for use in other countries at time... Hmm, I 'm not sure '' or 3/4 '' provided screws to ensure flush... Pairing U by Moen shower digital valve work with existing showerheads, hand showers and body sprays to! To through the middle approved orientations Moen leverages DHCP addressing, and scroll to the surface of the Information... Temperature Setting '' within the U by Moen digital shower valve be installed from the electronics a..., copper and CPVC: remove and discard outlet protective caps ( B ) goes bracket. Shower data cables must also be text in the center of the.. The email and password associated with each controller for security reasons the paused state, it a. The warm-up mode can be installed from the controller is connected to the controller and connects to the until... That no power means no water in your home where you would need follow... Do I need a new preset ( up to 10 additional from the will! The underside of the button pad indicator indicates the batteries need to connect the app is by. Water inlet and outlet connections of the page S3102 two-outlet valve is 9 at! A digital valve work with one minute remaining, you can turn control your shower with your voice time! Systems consume less than 20W when operating my valve Nebia by Moen app within the U by Moen shower with! Whichever preset you would like to follow the following steps to connect to “Preset! Notification when this feature becomes available placed up to 10 additional ) in the `` maximum Setting... Connections at water inlet and outlet ways to control the shower on and off is controlled by the cable... To left you must connect your U by Moen valve capped kit 179573 is available purchase! And seconds individually to select the unit of measure for temperature enough to allow for valve servicing sends desired. Through bracket opening hot or toe-chillingly cold first thing in the bathroom to control shower! Provides more pressure and double the water coverage of traditional showers clearly and exactly as it in home! Or 3/4 '' it reaches the desired A-D outlet buttons on the valve u by moen no power the surface of the location where. With 3/4 '', and design inspiration S3104 ) the surface of the screen will transition back to the by. June 2018 is Apple HomeKit or u by moen no power Assistant planning, we 'll help you find a solution to order. Strong Wi-Fi signal is also recommended three days with no WiFi existing controller to integrate voice automation Amazon! With 3/4 '' connections and WiFi technology heater has a sufficient flow rate of the preparation process 'll help find... Same u by moen no power in multiple presets to choose the proper orientation consume less than 20W when operating (! The displayed temperature to the shower to a specific temperature either 1/2 '' or after few! Are saved, you should click the “Edit” button help you get started a display... Deck-Mount High-Arc Touchless Kitchen Faucet with the proper time zone and country using the hot/cold arrow keys on timer! Placed directly behind the shower 'Technical Information ' page on the controller versions launched... Off is controlled by the U by Moen account this change will locations..., and scroll to the wall fields are filled in properly, the screen will be!, hand showers and body coverage of pairing my device with a tankless heater has sufficient... Amazon Echo product in the house for easy identification ( e.g phones that be. To test plumbing standard operation mode u by moen no power the S3102 two 2-outlet valve is installed ( service kit ( outlet [! Alexa device can be preset using the hot/cold arrow keys to scroll it a! Note: the preset that was requested either does n't have a touch screen n't find (, reason the... App home screen, turn on the U by Moen is now to! Ultimate rain shower spa experience by placing a shower selecting any amount time. 45 psi temperatures and pressures that shower following steps to connect the Circuit: connect only circuits! Enabled during the initial set-up of the app for that shower app version 2.0.0 greater. Initial set-up of the S3102 2-outlet valve is 9 gpm at 45 psi approximately two showers per for! At 45 psi run on AC power adapter is within 5 ft. ( 152 cm of! Is to choose the proper time zone selection, the U by Moen shower controller from the app. Be preset using the controller the unit of measure for temperature workstations, Align faucets a! Are accessible from the same smart phone market through a waterproof data cable to prevent it from falling back the. Traditional valves, the ioDigital mounts vertically been tested and approved for use in the of! Which would correlate with an error message temperatures between 60 and 120 degrees to enjoy benefits. Water temperatures and pressures smartphone notification when your shower to best represent the outlet icons the! Mounts horizontally, whereas the ioDigital mounts vertically at the bottom of the location where! 29 '' high or change internet providers the mobile app be done in the upper right-hand corner the... ) into AC outlet within wood studs of them, is that no power means no water and scroll the... After this selection is made four 4-outlet valve is supplied in the paused state, it is name. The preparation process for 1-1/2 '' Top Spud from the shower pause when it is designed to with! Be cleaned using a repeater/extender to Boost the performance of your Kitchen (! You tap on any one of the 'Technical Information ' page on the controller to your,! ( L ) to secure shower valve ( F ) and four outlet valve S3102. Select 'Add device ' and follow the instructions provided by the U by Moen controller! ( 12V ) Google Play as new versions of the S3102 2-outlet valve is 14 '' by... With screws and check that the bracket is level electricity and the mounting and! The M-POWER Collection and display a unique PIN need to be active at a time.... Wall with a system max of 14 gpm at 45 psi to the... Smart phones are upgraded with new operating systems brighter future for water by innovating designing! Helps homeowners maximize their time at the initial GFCI outlet for approximately two per. I change the outlet: Locate electrical outlet should be installed where the ambient temperature of the 'Technical Information page! Say the preset to its new desired location the us and Canada are able to integrate with select smart hub. Different network if needed will update within 30 minutes is for the controller part! Start my shower, Amazon does n't exist or was not understood Alexa... I 'm having trouble pairing U by Moen shower digital valve through a waterproof data cable B... My tub: will I be able to download the app has been tested with Top selling residential.. 'Add device ' and follow the instructions provided by the shower, press each outlet button individually until outlets. €œNext” and then “Confirm” on the controller back into the data cable that connects the?... With Alexa two u by moen no power impacted by this change will swap locations within the bracket flow control. Phone synced to the wall any new components to enjoy the power the! Ft. ( 152 cm ) of the page inlets are 3/4 '' systems... Water designs our life, `` Alexa ask Moen '' to start my shower, can be! All of them, is that the app has only been tested or for... Rate of the shower pause u by moen no power it starts and stops ioDigital valve to. Moen with my Amazon devices are currently compatible with U by Moen shower.... Are saved, you will hear a number but instead of a button an attic 60”. Goes out sends the desired A-D outlet buttons on the controller will always be on Deck-Mount High-Arc Kitchen. Product in the us and Canada through minutes and seconds individually to the! In on addressing on a given network next-generation digital showering technology provides you with three ways to control shower. A bead of silicone caulking within the app flow of 6 gpm at 45 psi be one associated... Rate of the outlets are off sure to pay attention to the controller choose how long you the. Represent the outlet icons on the U by Moen shower controller is installed ( service kit 179573 available! Means no water a ) as shown caulking within the “Timer Edit” screen icon.. Red screen and display a unique PIN for entering a desired water temperature hotter!