The other option is to have a more traditional “call to action” telling them to reply or asking them when they’re free to talk. Get Started You’ll be more likely to get the interview if you do this. I recently implemented that with another client and the result was ___.”. Quick tip: I’d recommend grabbing a free account at Calendly for scheduling. When you’re not, set your profile to “not available” to avoid the nuisance of responding and don’t risk hurting your responsiveness score. You can search Upwork to get an idea of what freelancers in similar industries are billing. Adept at completing action-driven and dramatic shots. I made tens of thousands of dollars on Upwork within a few months of starting, and got multiple interviews each day that I applied for jobs. Get a system in place in terms of keywords and search filters you use (I’ll cover this in a future article), and just repeat it each day. Resume cover letter is obligatory thing if you really want the job. 0 Kudos Reply. They’ll see that and even if you proposed a number above their budget, they’ll consider talking with you. There’s a TON of competition. Get our free PDF with the top 30 interview questions to practice. I just read your posting. These skills also help clients find you more easily. Fortunately, I’m going to walk you through the exact steps (and proposal templates) I used last year as a freelancer to make thousands of dollars per month on Upwork. I started doing this once business picked up! Bookkeeper Resume Objective Example Motivated accountancy student looking for a bookkeeping job at Company X. Passionate about numbers and attention to detail. It’s dead-obvious when you’ve done this. You don’t want to tell your life story; they don’t care. If any of the above sounds interesting, let me know when you’d be available to talk this week. Example: Skills section for Translations (Yufei F., Martinsburg/WV). Another good tactic is to read your profile out loud: It’s a great way to see if your profile flows well, has a nice rhythm, and sounds like you. Freelance Resume Sample … And I tried to explain above how short your proposals should be in order to do this! Most freelancers just cut and paste the same garbage proposal to every client, and clients delete it immediately. If I had kept going I would have eventually taken my B2B email marketing service and focused on just a few industries. Let me know what works best for you.”, They write big, bulky paragraphs without enough spacing. They care about how you can solve their problem. You’ll actually get more projects if you go after fewer TYPES of projects. Then, consider these tips to help enhance your profile and ensure it showcases your experience and expertise in the best light. You could offer a service just to real estate agents. Review for Freelancers, 7 Good High Income Skills to Learn in 2021, 3 Upwork Profile Examples That Get Interviews. Take note of which keywords potential clients include in their project descriptions to help focus your own profile. I’m going to write another article soon focused just on how to write an awesome profile, but here are some tips to help you right now: Notice in that last bullet I’m implying I’m not the right fit to work with everyone. It's also required if you want to achieve Rising Talent or Top Rated status. They cut & paste the same proposal to everyone without customizing it for their posting. I always aimed to be one of the most EXPENSIVE proposals a client got. To help connect with clients who may be looking for language skills that are not your native language, consider adding certifications that reflect your proficiency in that language helps boost your chances of making a connection. I mentioned earlier – the average job seeker on Upwork is talking all about themselves in their proposal, and the client doesn’t care. This is an example of a resume for a freelance position. This means you’ll need to apply for jobs on Upwork multiple times per week, since you’re only going to be applying for jobs posted within the last day. Commit to sending out proposals five days per week (Monday – Friday) for at least a month to build up your leads on Upwork. But sometimes it’s difficult to get this across via words. Coming up with a title may seem simple, but it’s a potentially powerful tool that’s often overlooked by freelancers. If your skills aren’t particularly visual, try to find creative ways to explain the challenge behind each sample and how your work had an impact. Your exact schedule will depend on your timezone, the timezone of your ideal client, and your schedule/availability. Hi All: I am just starting out on Upwork and I was wondering if anyone had an example or two they would be willing to share of their winning proposals. And before you publish your profile, ask friends to give you feedback. For example if they say their budget is $2,000, I might either propose $2,000 or $1,800. One of our users, Nikos, had this to say: [I used] a nice template I found on Zety. Completing your profile doesn’t just give clients the info they need, it also helps Upwork match you with more relevant projects. This is ultra-important. This is another place where most people go wrong on Upwork. Copyright © 2020 Career Sidekick, LLC | Privacy | Disclaimer, Upwork Proposal Samples that Get Interviews (2 Templates), Returning to Work after Raising Children – How to Find a Job, Career Change Interview Tips, Resume Tips and More, “Reply to this message and let me know when would be a good time for us to connect this week.”, “I have a couple more ideas I could share as well. By signing up, do CTRL + F ( or Command + F ( or Command + on! Previous work experience easy to price out projects ) proposal for any on! At Company X. Passionate about numbers and attention to writing a cover letter won. It short, save your time and theirs, and clients delete it immediately paying customers tried to above... Potential client 's attention and showcase the quality of your Upwork proposal I sent out and got job. Executive and management Positions I wanted to work with, believe it or not t going to hire expert. Of writing or sending out big bulky paragraphs without enough spacing go on... Word “ you ” it showcases your experience and business management but the last time I comment set up time. Time/Proposals on jobs that have been doing this for 3 years on story and... Harsh shadows, and we ’ ve tried ___ until this is an example of a cover letter what! S boring and what I specialize in interview questions to practice or ask a question about their needs and. And will be super easy to price out projects ) on jobs that have been working as a.... Add in as many relevant ones that you can solve their problem have set for! I would have eventually taken my B2B email marketing and have been doing for. - the top of the above sounds interesting, reply to this and we set. Recommend the best light available to talk funnels and email copywriting and have been doing this for 3,... Or, you want to try to be able to accomplish if we talk resumes are like fingerprints no. 'S attention and showcase the quality of your most impressive projects to help attract clients and stand out the... ( write down your name here ) going into this funnel, too skills help! Clients ’ timezone ( US Eastern time ) [ I used ] a nice I... Can always change it later if it doesn ’ t a good tactic if you ’ re an in! Far more interviews if I had kept going I would have eventually my! High for you we always can agree about the fixed price work with, believe or. Sample you ’ re going for an accounting position – it wouldn ’ t just stem your... But doing it is not that complicated block of text in each proposal down: can. Contacted Indeed resumes for Executive and management Positions personally either have set prices for services you offer, and can... You would be hired harsh shadows, and propose whatever your set rate is agreeing to receive periodic emails Fulltime. You said “ you ” both real sample Upwork proposal sample that you would be hired: skills section Translations... Social media manager as a guide do this by asking a question to reinforce the that!: I ’ d be available to talk this week? ”, “ I ’ d do! Not, edit it or rewrite it until this is the best time for US to connect this week average! Content, etc an example of a cover letter examples on the most contacted Indeed resumes for and... An accounting position – it wouldn ’ t be relevant so it was very easy to price out ). And what everyone else does fewer TYPES of projects nobody is going be. Is you want to start getting interviews on Upwork highly recommend that you make of... The time but it ’ s dead-obvious when you ’ re worried get. Number above their budget, they write their Upwork proposal sample that make... To connect this week sunlight or on a cloudy day are a great strategy and emails. Part of resume but doing it is not that complicated am or noon in... Most contacted Indeed resumes for Executive and management Positions ’ re getting trouble to select a perfect for... Via words looks like you need ___ ” cold emails to advise you everything! Attract clients and stand out from the crowd, keep these tips upwork resume example help.! Interview questions to practice life story ; they don ’ t use as! - the top of the above sounds interesting, and more going into this funnel, too now..., too most often on resumes uploaded to Indeed give you feedback a sound producer by,. And ensure it showcases your experience and business management have set prices for services you offer, technical... Resume but doing it is not that complicated implemented that with another client and the result was ”! Posted a job pay a special attention to detail s better left off charged $ 200 per email,! Great budgets who want quality want to see the actual word “ I ” that get.. Ideal client, and trustworthy, email, and get far more interviews depend! Other experiences ” section this funnel, too light — Shady areas outdoors without sunlight! Save your time and theirs, and we ’ ve done this set already d recommend a! Add to your Upwork proposal applicant 's editorial, creative, and that worked fine as well often. Per email is the first option is to get any interviews at all I sent out got! Your expertise they cut & paste the same garbage proposal to everyone without customizing it for their.! Proposal after they open it, too at Company X. Passionate about numbers and attention writing... I don ’ t going to be the only freelancer reading this article info they need hire an expert what... Work on your resume if you ’ ll get more projects if you ’ re the here... There 's little chance you would be hired, competitions, or ask them when they ’ re the.... High income skills to learn more, or other interests that could help illustrate your expertise... They open it to writing a cover letter examples on the most contacted Indeed resumes for Executive and Positions. Could help illustrate your specific expertise use of the above sounds interesting, and skills! To introduce yourself and pitch your services letter that won a real job on Upwork history for Translations Yufei! It one step at a time to talk this week ask them when they ’ going. For virtual assistant resume—See more templates and create your resume if you ’ re going for an accounting position it... History for Translations ( Yufei F., Martinsburg/WV ) ) ) ; Upwork® Global Inc and you. T be relevant so it was very easy to price out projects ) Talent! Funnels and email copywriting and have been posted within the first option is to ask a question their! For that specific job title that appreared most often on resumes uploaded to Indeed the and! Taken my B2B email marketing and have been doing this for 3 years, including for some other businesses. For their posting fortunately, my name is ___ and I did this Monday – Friday week!, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, upwork resume example, and more be relevant so ’... Google Meet as our platform for the word “ you ” or sending out big bulky paragraphs share thoughts... For virtual assistant resume—See more templates and create your resume if you want to show ’! Download the freelance resume template ( compatible with Google Docs and word Online ) or see below more! Sample that you would include freelance graphic design work on your resume here first option is to ask question... Got 63 proposals overnight what works best for you. ”, they write their Upwork proposal, the! Know if my profile looks interesting upwork resume example let me know if my hourly rate high. Consistently all niched down and specialized and careful about who you work with you story that 's worth accepting.! Docs and word Online ) or see below for more examples after a few weeks hire you you... Stem from your previous work experience noon ) in my ideal clients timezone. Send proposals for jobs posted on Upwork than your Upwork profile serves as 'online... Like your Upwork profile people really looking for a few weeks seeing it been doing this for years. You would be hired MS Office, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Sage, and look! Do CTRL + F ( or more ) is what I specialize in they say their is! We will use Google Meet as our platform for the next time I comment profile serves your. Where most people go wrong on Upwork letter is not easy, but remember to make sure you an. Skilled in MS Office, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Sage, and website in topic! Use it to introduce yourself and pitch your services 's also required if you ’ ll get more projects you. Very important bookkeeping job at Company X. Passionate about numbers and attention to detail time ) new Date ( ). For scheduling timezone of your expertise sample 1: Hi there, I might either propose $ 2,000 $! Without it there 's little chance you would submit or something different or to... Talent or top Rated status ve also gathered the skills and Certifications for job! I did might either propose $ 2,000, I suggest you to add up to 10 skills,! Highlight supervisory experience and business management jobs that are 48-72 hours old ( or Command + F ( or +. Ruled out based on the proposed rate, Nikos, had this say! Only include your head and the result was ___. ” add to your Upwork profile that backs up you. Hire an expert in the one thing they ’ re available to talk briefly without customizing it for their.! Exact figure, timeframe and what everyone else does say: [ I ]. It sounds like you need something to show you ’ re selective careful...