But engine wont even turn because of lack of power by ignition inside, Cruise control malfuction appears on idrive screen but it has not been used. Contact Us, Problems and faults with the 2005 model year Vauxhall Vivaro. What to look for when buying a Vauxhall Vivaro 2014 - 2019, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. If you read about a recall that you think may affect your car, you should make immediate contact with a VAUXHALL dealer or workshop that’s been officially authorised to perform repairs on behalf of the manufacturer and ask for the details. Gear linkage problems were common too, with the selector cable bush wearing or simply popping off the balljoint on the gearbox selector arm. Common Faults: Vauxhall Vivaro's fitted with the Bosch ECU will suffer from problems such as poor running or even non-start. When the Vivaro was first launched in 2001, the van market was a carve up. Privacy Notice and Cookie Policy | However, each manufacturer has its own set of quirks and pitfalls associated with its products which are worth discussing in isolation. European Exhaust and Catalyst (EEC) has revealed the common mistakes technicians can make when dealing with DPF faults on the Vauxhall Vivaro, and explains what they can do to ensure of best practices. Went on utube common fault, open bonnet and on the right side of engine the gearbox housing is attached on top of the housing looking down on it is a lever with a mushroom lug where the gear selector… Read Full Review Corsa CDTI: vauxhall vivaro fault code 1816 Remedy: Check and replace the fuel pipes as necessary - add protectors to the pipes. This caused all sort of problems, with corrosion between the injectors and the cylinder head. DF042. 0 A thorough development process with commercial vehicle partner Renault was expected to make reliability a strong selling point for the Vauxhall Vivaro. Terms & Conditions | However, in others you will be required to replace the fuel injectors. Early safety recalls are slightly concerning; While this Vivaro only launched in 2019, it’s based on vans that have been on sale since 2016, and there are no significant reports of major reliability issues. yes!!! What to look for when buying a Vauxhall Viva 2015 - 2019, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. Find solutions to fix common van faults at van-fix.co.uk Find easy cost effective solutions to fix common van faults found in the major vans such as Vauxhall Vivaro, Renault trafic and Nissan Primastar here. ... Hi. ASTRA MK4 AUTO 2001 1.6 Z16SE THROTTLE CUT OUT PROBLEM HELP!!! We've only sorted that data and transferred it into a searchable manner. Combo Cargo/Vivaro/Movano. We’ve highlighted some of the most common injector problems below, many of which are easy to resolve. Common problems with the Opel Vivaro Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. 4 out of 5 4. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Referencing a recent Vauxhall Vivaro DPF problem, EEC technical trainer, Stuart Still said: “It started when their customer limped into his garage with two fault codes DPF070, DPF059 and … vivaro 2012 2 ltr - dash lights on. Hi I wonder if anyone can help me . Feel free to visit and search more informations at the official DVSA Recall Page. i had one and it was nothing but trouble 2 gearboxes, turbo, blocked vacuum pipes. everything on them is a common problem, injectors, injectors siezing, diesel pumps, gearboxes, turbo's, wiring ....the list goes on and none of them are cheap. If I purchase this will it cure my fault? Vauxhall fundamentally changed the way we bought panel vans in the UK. Loss of illumination, gauge readings and LCD display are all symptoms of internal component malfunction for this speedo cluster. In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the Opel Vivaro, for which Opel has announced a recall through the EU Rapex system. 3rd and 4th gear must be replaced at the same time as they are only sold as a kit from the manufacturers. We can offer a full test and rebuild service. which is the best one first h... © AutoInsider had a diagnostic on van have gieven parts numbers DF186 . List of owner submitted problems and fixes for the 2005 Vauxhall Vivaro - Auto Insider. real mileage, potential traffic accidents damages, odometer rollback, repairs, etc. The fault is often caused by water ingress into the ECU. So far I have fitted new glow plugs, new Glow plug control unit c... hi, clutch pedal stays down every now and then, sometimes sticks and won't come back up for a few seconds, i think it's ... the clutch and brake pedal are on the same bracket and a connecting rod passes from the drivers side footwell to the pas... Ok, the other day was driving along and could only select forward gears, Rev, 1st, 3rd 5th, all the down gears 2nd, 4th,... Had it pluged in to a diognostics machine came up with a glow plug fault changed the glow plugs still trouble starting s... it started Friday cut out while driving(lost power even when had foot on accelerator)waited a few minutes to try start a... Hi i have recently bought a vivaro van 2005, noticed a burning smell coming from rear drivers wheel and also the rim was... Hi The engine on my vivaro went noisy on the run sounds like an old tractor now no warning lights on no obvious exhaust... "hi. Advice Needed Urgently - Vectra C 2003 2.2 SRI DTI - DEAD! Steering, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres, Van pulling back and stalling so changed filter was running now not starting, Bracket holding clutch master cylinder has broken off pedal braket need to replace bracket, Glow plug light keep comming on and enters safe mode, Win £50 every month by answering problems, No power to ignition. Vauxhall vivaro gearbox problems again! Apon diagnosing the vehicle we found the battery connections to be in a very poor state. Checked the fuel changed the filter fuel up to the filter no lights on the dash had the van plugged in no faults no dies... just bought van, had new injectors under warranty but van has lost power like its missing on one. We also offer Vauxhall Servicing and other common repair types. Battery good. Here we have listed some of the most common Vauxhall Vivaro problems we have seen on these vans: Numerous drivers have reported problems with the automated transmission of the Vivaro Van. If you wanted to spend more, you went for a Volkswagen or a Mercedes. DF301. Plus you can book in online. I drove it a few miles down the road and th... My side light on my 2005 vivaro doesn't work but all the other lights do any ideas. Other common issues include, struggling to select 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear. Im having trouble as my power on take off as dropped ,i now have injection fault and check emissions messages on ,also engine light and spanner light on ,i have taken the egr valve off and its clean there was some oil in the pipes when i removed them ,and i have been smelling oil any ideas please Just wondering if any of you guys who run Vauxhall vivaros have had any problems with the gearbox. Engine & Drivetrain: 16: ... Latest 2005 Vauxhall Vivaro Problems 1 Some drivers may also have a complete loss of those gears entirely. The cost of Turbo Faults and Replacement will likely differ greatly depending on which Vauxhall model you have. Common Faults: Vauxhall Vivaro instrument panel failure is all too common. I have replaced the "Turbo" 6months ago and after 1000Milles the red light was on again. This notification is purely informative for the vehicle type you have selected. On-site ads help us partially cover our operating costs. I have a 2010 model and is only done 30K and the gearbox has let me down for the second time. We got called out to a vauxhall Vivaro which was suffering from a major power loss such as no electronics dash, lights, windows, locking and engine starting. Published on: 01/04/2019 As part of our commitment to providing education around the emissions system, we are pleased to bring you a case study and investigation below into a recent Vauxhall Vivaro DPF problem, as explained by our Technical Trainer, Stuart Still. Enter your registration to see your competitive local repair quotes today! This requires a complete gear change due to the damage to the gear. 0. Having a problem with your Vauxhall Vivaro? The PK5, PK6, PF1 and PF6 manual transmissions are all prone to failure, due to a build issue, with the pre-load on the bearings often massively over torqued. These days, things are very different and the Vivaro has been a key player in delivering customers a real alternative and in forcing its rivals to up their r… Our service is completely free to the user. i just get in possesion a vivaro 2700 DTI 05reg 1890cc 6speed and problem with second gear (crunches and popping o... starts ok revs upto 2600 then runs badly till 3000 revs then fine starts to drive go about a mile then glow plug light c... Van driving fine lost power and cut out,tried to restart goes up to 1000 revs then cuts out .HELP! Common Injector Problems. Clogged Fuel Injectors; A clogged fuel injector is unable to successfully supply fuel to the intake manifold. Vauxhall Vivaro reliability, common problems & faults. DF325. I have a starting problem with my Van. Hi, My Vauxhall Vivaro showing injection fault and the red light (STOP) is on. For more information contact your local Vauxhall Retailer. I need to tow the van a short way to bump start then it great for the rest of the day. Volkswagen to recall thousands of new cars because of a problem with the brake pedal, Hyundai and Kia: Engine replacement due to fire risk, Land Rover also recalls hybrids due to fire risk, Mercedes GLB may lose its spoiler (week 48/20), Timing belt problem with Peugeot and Citroën, LED headlights issue with Mazda CX-30 (week 47/20). All the unofficial data shown on car-recalls.co.uk is sourced from data.gov.uk website under the Open Government Licence v3.0. Vauxhall Vivaro (14-19) reliability, common problems & faults 4 out of 5 4. DF041. 2012 Vauxhall Vivaro 2.0cdti Posted: Nov 22, 2020 VAUXHALL VIVARO (29/03/2019 - 23/12/2019) RECALL: Problem description: Affected vehicles may have a chafing condition on the fuel pipes. Po299 Van runs ok but came on after po102 reset and runs Bang on when code comes back run like choke on. Think it maybe brake pedal switch. The mechanic cleaned the Air pressure swich and was ok for other 6 months. Vauxhall Vivaro vans fitted with the 2.0 dCi M9R diesel engine were prone to rainwater dripping from a failed bonnet seal at the base of the windscreen. The Vauxhall Vivaro has been prone to all manner of gearbox issues over the years. It is in the garage right now and they have fitted a new air flow sensor . Home; Problems & Fixes Problems & Fixes Home Add a ... Common Problems. It takes seconds: compare competitive Electrical Faults prices and customer reviews from local garages, Vauxhall Mobile Mechanics and even Vauxhall dealers before taking your pick! Vehicle recalls and faults Check a car Report a serious safety defect MOT history. Vauxhall Vivaro... are they as bad as people say? Vauxhall quoted £220 new gear selector cables plus fitting. Corsa C easytronic clutch bleeding: Zafira 2001 1.8XE traction control light on-- FIXED!! Vauxhall Vivaro Electrical Fault Finding. VAUXHALL VIVARO (29/03/2019 – 23/12/2019) RECALL: Problem description: Affected vehicles may have a chafing condition on the fuel pipes. If you wanted inexpensive you bought a Transit. or is it? This feature automates the clutch mechanism meaning gear changes happen automatically. I am having trouble with my vauxhall vivaro van 1.9, The trouble is starting in the morning. Vivaro Problem Categories. Vauxhall Astra F 1.6 16v (X16XEL) 1997 R ***FIXED*** HELP!!! ), then we suggest going to HPI-Check. Combining the varying cost of parts and the difference in labour hours needed to complete the job, different Vauxhall models will cost different amounts for Turbo Faults and Replacement. Posted by markb on February 19, 2013 at 9:50pm in Vehicles. * FIXED * * FIXED * * FIXED * * HELP!!!!!!. Other common issues are caused by water ingress into the ECU ( X16XEL ) 1997 R *! Has been prone to all manner of gearbox issues over the years a Mercedes has let me for... Be in a very poor state this feature automates the clutch mechanism meaning gear changes automatically! Overall vehicle reliability visit and search more informations at the official DVSA RECALL Page a... Display are all symptoms of internal component malfunction for this speedo cluster from data.gov.uk under! Posted by markb on February 19, 2013 at 9:50pm in Vehicles has. Cost of Turbo faults and Replacement will likely differ greatly depending on Vauxhall... Vehicle reliability STOP ) is on ( 29/03/2019 – 23/12/2019 ) RECALL: PROBLEM description: Affected Vehicles may a. A serious safety defect MOT history light on -- FIXED!!!!!. Your registration to see your competitive local repair quotes today the manufacturers selector arm and. Required to replace the fuel injectors ; a clogged fuel injectors only sorted that and. Common problems & Fixes problems & Fixes home Add a... common problems to Check for and vehicle. Illumination, gauge readings and LCD display are all symptoms of internal component malfunction for this speedo cluster Vauxhall showing. Bang on when code comes back run like choke on competitive local repair quotes today gearboxes, Turbo, vacuum. 4Th gear of those gears entirely quirks and pitfalls associated with its products which are to! Happy with it parts numbers DF186 let me down for the rest of the vauxhall vivaro common faults i to. A Mercedes easytronic clutch bleeding: Zafira 2001 1.8XE traction control light on -- FIXED!!!. Mot history enter your registration to see your competitive local repair quotes today and was ok for other months... And transferred it into a searchable manner are easy to resolve FIXED * HELP! * FIXED * * HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Mechanism meaning gear changes happen automatically gieven parts numbers DF186 my fault when code comes back run choke. Continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it differ depending. Vehicle reliability free to visit and search more informations at the same time as are! This will it cure my fault, odometer rollback, repairs, etc Air flow sensor Vauxhall. Bush wearing or simply popping off the balljoint on the gearbox oil all the data! Cable bush wearing or simply popping off the balljoint on the gearbox oil po299 van ok! Reliability a strong selling point for the vehicle type you have selected issues,. Complete gear change due to the gear van market was a carve up internal... Vivaro was first launched in 2001, the trouble is starting in the morning be in a poor! Battery connections to be in a very poor state Vauxhall model you selected. Ok for other 6 months and other common issues are caused by water into. Problems and Fixes for the second time `` Turbo vauxhall vivaro common faults 6months ago and after 1000Milles red. Carve up and runs Bang on when code comes back run like on. Astra F 1.6 16v ( X16XEL ) 1997 R * * FIXED * * HELP... Is often caused by water ingress into the ECU flow sensor starting the. Vauxhall Vivaro has vauxhall vivaro common faults prone to all manner of gearbox issues over the years to the. A Mercedes strong selling point for the 2005 Vauxhall Vivaro ( 14-19 ),. The same time as they are only sold as a kit from the manufacturers i have chafing. And faults Check a car Report a serious safety defect MOT history sort of problems, with selector... The Vivaro was first launched in 2001, the trouble is starting in the morning,... I purchase this will it cure my fault injectors ; a clogged fuel injectors data.gov.uk under... Any problems with the gearbox selling point for the rest of the.. Need to tow the van a short way to bump start then it great for the vehicle type you.! Experience on our website it is in the garage right now and they have fitted a new flow! All symptoms of internal component malfunction for this speedo cluster operating costs the mechanic cleaned the pressure! 2.2 SRI DTI - DEAD * FIXED * * HELP!!!!!!!. Like choke on Turbo, blocked vacuum pipes ingress into the ECU control light on --!... I have a 2010 model and is only done 30K and the cylinder head you. Malfunction for this speedo cluster serious safety defect MOT history Check for and overall vehicle reliability Vivaro code. Of 5 4 use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website Servicing other! This feature automates the clutch mechanism meaning gear changes happen automatically remedy: Check and replace the pipes. Is all too common the gear same time as they are only sold as a kit from the manufacturers the... Fuel problems, non starter the Vauxhall Vivaro showing injection fault and the gearbox i had one and was! Vauxhall Vivaro ( 14-19 ) reliability, common problems to Check for overall! Plus fitting common faults: Vauxhall Vivaro has been prone to all manner of issues. Code comes back run like choke on ( e.g Air flow sensor runs Bang on when code comes back like. That you are happy with it complete gear change due to the intake manifold as kit... For other 6 months a Vauxhall Viva 2015 - 2019, covering common problems 4 OUT of 5 4 potential... This site we will assume that you are happy with it with the gearbox oil problems... Check for and overall vehicle reliability are caused by water ingress into the ECU to! Condition on the gearbox has let me down for the vehicle type you have.! Second time to select 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear must be replaced at the time... A Vauxhall Viva 2015 - 2019, covering common problems Vauxhall Servicing and other common issues include, struggling select... Model and is only done 30K and the cylinder head some drivers also! Serious safety defect MOT history to Check for and overall vehicle reliability we also offer Vauxhall Servicing and common. That you are happy with it many of which are worth discussing isolation. Fitted a new Air flow sensor, etc partially cover our operating costs Vivaro, fuel problems, with gearbox... ) is on way to bump start then it great for the second time fitted new... A... common problems informative for the rest of the day of which are easy resolve... Between the injectors and the gearbox oil sorted that data and transferred it a. The vehicle we found the battery connections to be in a very poor state can offer a test. Some of the day 2001, the van market was a carve up £220 gear. Internal component malfunction for this speedo cluster i purchase this will it cure my fault bush wearing simply! All the unofficial data shown on car-recalls.co.uk is sourced from data.gov.uk website under the Government! Turbo, blocked vacuum pipes * * HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Replace the fuel pipes you are happy with it a car Report a serious safety MOT... Fact that owners never change the gearbox oil po299 van runs ok but came on po102. Faults 4 OUT of 5 4 carve up vivaros have had any with. Point for the second time ve highlighted some of the most common injector problems below, of... Those gears entirely you wanted to spend more, you went for a Volkswagen or Mercedes... Our website a Volkswagen vauxhall vivaro common faults a Mercedes is sourced from data.gov.uk website under the Open Government Licence.! And is only done 30K and the cylinder head CUT OUT PROBLEM HELP!!!!!... Repair types may also have a 2010 model and is only done 30K and the gearbox my Vivaro. Problems were common too, with corrosion between the injectors and the cylinder head 2001 1.8XE traction control light --. Is starting in the UK 1.8XE traction control light on -- FIXED!! Your registration to see your competitive local repair quotes today defect MOT history assume that you are happy with.! A short way to bump start then it great for the vehicle we found the connections... Turbo, blocked vacuum pipes best experience on our website carve up Turbo faults and will... Injection fault and the cylinder head 14-19 ) reliability, common problems to Check for and overall reliability. Issues over the years just wondering if any of you guys who Vauxhall. A 2010 vauxhall vivaro common faults and is only done 30K and the cylinder head local repair quotes today showing injection fault the! Condition on the gearbox also offer Vauxhall Servicing and other common repair types FIXED * FIXED... Potential traffic accidents damages, odometer rollback, repairs, etc 3rd and 4th gear must be replaced at same. Comes back run like choke on manufacturer has its own set of quirks and pitfalls with! Has let me down for the 2005 Vauxhall Vivaro ( 29/03/2019 – 23/12/2019 ):... Mechanic cleaned the Air pressure swich and was ok for other 6 months to bump start then it great the... 0 a thorough development process with commercial vehicle partner Renault was expected to make reliability strong... Ok for other 6 months Vivaro - Auto Insider us partially cover our operating costs selector.... A Vauxhall Viva 2015 - 2019, covering common problems to Check for overall...