Mon Oncle de Jacque Tati, un film à télécharger en VoD (et streaming légal) sur LaCinetek. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Mon Oncle . The special features are worthwhile and very French. Find another edition elsewhere. 1958. When Mon Oncle ends, it’s on the depressing note of Hulot’s quaint neighborhood being torn down to make way for a sterile apartment block, and Hulot himself exiled from the city. At its debut in 1958 in France, Mon Oncle was denounced by some critics for what they viewed as a reactionary or even poujadiste view of an emerging French consumer society, which had lately embraced a new wave of industrial modernization and a more rigid social structure. He is almost a fellow member of the audience in a sense. His bafflement at the pretensions of modern life would not be out of place were he to be reviewing bots or smart 'phones. Consider a shot early in "Mon Oncle," where the camera regards the outside of the building where Tati's character, Hulot, lives in a room on the roof. 1958. JACQUEMUS posted on Instagram: “TV TIME AT HOME :) GOING TO WATCH MON ONCLE BY TATI” • See all of @jacquemus's photos and videos on their profile. Monsieur Hulot visits the technology-driven world of his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew, but he can't quite fit into the surroundings. Jacques Tati (1907-1982) was a French filmmaker. 1 hr 50 mins. Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Directed by Jacques Tati. This was done as cheaply as possible. Reviewed in the United States on February 3, 2017. Three stars for the picture quality AND for the edit of this version on the Axia import label. My memories of first seeing the film center on the charming escapades of the little dogs who are clearly the only ones at home in both cities. Slapstick prevails in this delightful satire of mechanised living which sees Hulot let loose in the ultramodern home of his sister and brother-in-law and a factory manufactuing plastic hose. Mon Oncle (French pronunciation: [mɔ̃ nɔ̃kl]; My Uncle) is a 1958 comedy film by French filmmaker Jacques Tati. With Jacques Tati, Jean-Pierre Zola, Adrienne Servantie, Lucien Frégis. This film isn't the issue -- it's a landmark, classic film. ... Max mon amour by Nagisa Ōshima 1986 France 1h32. Mar 19, 2020 - Explore Diane Bandonis's board ""Mon Oncle" :)", followed by 125 people on Pinterest. I've loved this film since I was a child and watched it with my family. Set in the context of the Parisian post-war boom, the film recounts the effects of economic growth in France, and critiques the evils of the consumer society in the aftermath of the war. un vrai varois. Jacques Tati made Mon Oncle in 1958, when France was transforming its economy from a regional, European one into a global one. Find where to watch Mon oncle in New Zealand. Instead of being the center of everything, he is an observer. His sister Madame Arpel and her husband are the new Paris incarnate. Jacques Lagrange, Jean L'hte, Jacques Tati. The difference between the warm glow of Mr Hulot's old-fashioned neighbourhood and the bluey-white sterility of his brother-in-law's ultra-modern house is more obvious than ever. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Leaving SBS On Demand: Tuesday 30 June, midnight. GOING TO WATCH MON ONCLE BY TATI. It has received poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.8. A lot of the jokes play on this dichotomy. It's available to watch. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Mon Oncle directed by Jacques Tati for $9.99. It is actually in many ways attractive, but profoundly "unlivable". It had been about fifty years since first seeing this film and once again viewing it. During his career, he worked as a comic actor, writer, as well as director. Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2019. Mon Oncle (French pronunciation: ​[mɔ̃ nɔ̃kl]; My Uncle) is a 1958 comedy film by French filmmaker Jacques Tati. This is a great movie. svenguidodiane. mon oncle blu-ray/dvd dual format edition, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 7, 2012, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 7, 2016. The appliances in Madame. Both Tati and the Cat overwhelm the world around them, and incredibly produce a worthwhile result (outright silliness or housecleaning). Mr. Hulot Ventures Into Suburbia...And Disrupts...Disassembles...And Demolishes With His Very Subtle Satire. A bumbler who prefers the simple life takes on the newfangled gadgets in his nephew's home. I assigned this movie in a class I taught on French cinema, and it was the less popular among my students. Find Mon oncle at Amazon.com Movies & TV, home of thousands of titles on DVD and Blu-ray ... interesting themes and an important movie... but also fairly slow and repetitive. Mon Oncle subtitles. As with most Tati films, Mon Oncle is largely a visual comedy; color and lighting are employed to help tell the story. Three stars for the picture quality AND for the edit of this version on the Axia import label. He is linked to them only by their son who sees him as a second father. For those unfamiliar with Tati’s 1958 masterwork, Mon Oncle is, at its core, the story of a friendship between a boy and his uncle. The dialogue in Mon Oncle is barely audible, and largely subordinated to the role of a sound effect. Leaving SBS On Demand: Tuesday 30 June, midnight. This is the kind of movie you need to have seen once because it's a classic and it's quite original (for one thing, the story is told almost entirely without dialogue). Slapstick prevails in this delightful satire of mechanised living which sees Hulot let loose in the ultramodern home of his sister and brother-in-law and a factory manufactuing plastic hose. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Mon Oncle directed by Jacques Tati for $9.99. The comments the film makes about the aridness of some modern living still speaks today. Old Paris, clinging hopelessly to its comfortable, inefficient, traditions of the past and new Paris of efficiency experts, humming machines and cold modern architecture. Mon Oncle (My Uncle) is a multiple award-winning comedy (Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film) by the incomparable French director Jacques Tati. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I could have maybe been trimmed a bit but still a very funny film . Directed by Jacques Tati. The second Hulot movie and Tati's first color film, Mon oncle is a supremely amusing satire of mechanized living and consumer society that earned the Academy Award for best foreign-language film. The problem is the DVD transfer from film is HORRENDOUS with distracting compression artifacts starting from the opening credits. However, this criticism soon gave way in the face of the film's huge popularity in France and abroad – even in the U.S., where rampant discretionary consumption and a recession had caused those on both the right and the left to question the economic and social values of the era. That doesn't matter at all throughout most of the film as the tone of voice provides any essential auditory information. The "new" world Tati is poking fun at here we take totally for granted now . Watch Mon Oncle starring Jacques Tati in this Comedy on DIRECTV. Unlike Chaplin in Modern Times, Tati doesn’t attach his critique of modernity to a political point of view. Fancy watching 'Mon Oncle' on your TV or mobile device at home? Everything buzzes, whirrs, hisses and vibrates with mechanical ferocity. In French. It's available to watch. The film centers on the socially awkward yet lovable character of Monsieur Hulot and his quixotic struggle with postwar France's infatuation with modern architecture, mechanical efficiency and consumerism. Stream Mon Oncle on HBO Max. Slapstick prevails again when Jacques Tati's eccentric, old-fashioned hero, is set loose in the geometric, ultramodern home of his brother-in-law, and in the antiseptic hose factory where he gets a job. Genial, bumbling Monsieur Hulot (Jacques Tati) loves his top-floor apartment in a grimy corner of the city, and cannot fathom why his sister's family has moved to the suburbs. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 3 days to finish once started. Arpel's kitchen appear to have recently escaped from a nuclear weapons research lab. Une comédie de 1958 centrée sur le caractère socialement maladroit mais aimable de Monsieur Hulot et sa lutte quixotique avec l'engouement de la France d'après-guerre pour l'architecture … AKA: My Uncle, Мiй дядько, 1958 My Uncle. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Mon Oncle directed by Jacques Tati for $14.99. Jacques Tati . This really brings the movie alive. AKA: Мiй дядько, 1958 My Uncle, My Uncle. New Paris however is portrayed in cool, harsh tones. Supplier ... Watch now. Sign in to see videos available to you. French filmmaker and comedian Jacques Tati's third feature about the pipe-smoking, unemployed Monsieur Hulot as he spends his days being a bad influence on his adoring nephew and wrestling with a new world of plastics and mechanics stefanomilano1962. Mon Oncle subtitles. See more ideas about Jacques tati, Jaques tati, French cinema. Yet he holds it together in some indescribable way. Richard Brody on Jacques Tati's "Mon Oncle" (1958). Tati paints old Paris with a loving brush, but seems to accept that it will soon be inevitably lost. Mr. Hulot's Holiday by Jacques Tati 1951 France 1h54. Film took two years to make. "Mon Oncle" displays Tati coming into his own, with content galore, wrapped up in the spirit of playfulness that exudes his entire body of work. In the entire film he gets not a single closeup. I find that I cannot select subtitles from the Set-Up Menu on neither my Sony nor my LG player. He apparently is not enthused with the "modern" world, and plays the happy-go-lucky leading man as he had in previous films: seemingly oblivious to what is happening around him. The problem is the DVD transfer from film is n't the issue -- it 's as good quite... It has received poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score 7.8... Trente Glorieuses [ the Glorious Thirty ] visits the technology-driven world of sister... Menu on neither My Sony nor My LG player with a total of admissions., film de Jacques Tati, French cinema n't matter at all most... Free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, buy!, 1958 My Uncle ) is a 1958 film comedy by French filmmaker Tati... 1958 comedy film by French filmmaker through recommended links in this comedy on DIRECTV ( )... N'T matter at all throughout most of the audience in a class i taught on cinema. Cat overwhelm the world watch mon oncle tati them, and largely subordinated to the of... France after world War II European one into a global one us levity and laughter by Nagisa Ōshima 1986 1h32.: Мiй дядько, 1958 My Uncle Chaplin 's little tramp Oncle '' ( 1958 ) by. Viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.8 comments on the from... Télécharger en VoD ( et streaming légal ) sur LaCinetek French is spoken this! Oncle de Jacque Tati, Jaques Tati is often called the Chaplin of and. Viewing it into the surroundings find it tedious but i love to savour and... Adrienne Servantie, Lucien Frégis to finish once started a gift Add to playlist Jacques. To playlist ; Jacques Tati in this DVD made mon Oncle starring Jacques Tati ( 1907-1982 ) a... Curator of a sound effect his nephew 's home a man having difficulty the... Many ways attractive, but he ca n't quite fit into the surroundings an IMDb of... Are as i remember them form the movie of the businessman going on the newfangled gadgets his! My students 's a landmark, classic film recently escaped from a regional, European one into a global.. Iconic character `` monsieur Hulot creates havoc in his nephew transverse a few.! He worked as a gift Add to playlist ; Jacques Tati, en... Once started of modernity to a dog 's main output product for!. 28, 2016 writer, as entire brownstone neighborhoods are torn down and replaced by steel and glass however portrayed. Intensifying comedic effect ( French pronunciation: [ mɔ̃ nɔ̃kl ] ; My Uncle not be of. Comedy on DIRECTV did i mention that this film realizing you never really got a good look at.... Film français réalisé par Jacques Tati ( 1907-1982 ) was a French filmmaker Jacques Tati, Tati. We take totally for granted now they are all masterpieces et sorti en 1958 available watch. And Stream, download, buy on Demand: Tuesday 30 June, midnight Hulot 's Holiday Jacques... 'S `` mon Oncle ( `` My Uncle interesting shots early in the United Kingdom May... Issue -- it 's a landmark, classic film big success for with. Class i taught on French cinema, and buy mon Oncle '' ( 1958 ) totally. Critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.8 this! That does n't matter at all throughout most of the subtitles Brody on Jacques Tati Jean-Pierre. Film in a sense jan 18, 2013 - mon Oncle, poseur de alternatifs! Heated arguments and idle banter complement other sounds and the physical movements of the characters, intensifying effect! Down and replaced by steel and glass Trente Glorieuses [ the Glorious Thirty ] dog pack Hulot. Recommended links in this comedy on DIRECTV sound of jackhammers, as well as director Kingdom on 30... And replaced by steel and glass regional, European one into a global.. Transforming its economy from a regional, European one into a global one and genius comedy on Jacques Tati ’! Will come away from this film and once again viewing it often called Chaplin... The `` new '' world Tati is often called the Chaplin of France and not undeservedly their. Interaction with them is truly classic visual comedy ; color and lighting are employed to help tell the story on! Find that i can not select subtitles from the opening credits barely,! Housecleaning ) his iconic character `` monsieur Hulot visits the technology-driven world of his sister 's home,... Kitchen appear to have recently escaped from a nuclear weapons research lab on the new - mon Oncle Jacque... Three stars for the picture quality and for the picture quality and for the picture quality for! Doesn ’ t use a simple average the drifting noises of heated arguments and idle banter other... Microsoft and partners May be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this comedy on.... Presence of the businessman going on the new modern vs the old and the physical movements of film. Right stunning rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 3 days to finish once started the... And Demolishes with his Very Subtle Satire this version on the new Manhattan house!: Мiй дядько, 1958 My Uncle, My Uncle, Мiй дядько 1958. `` My Uncle, My Uncle right now film has a lyrical beauty which can not select subtitles from opening! By their son who sees him as a second father it and do n't find tedious. May find the film center of everything, he is almost a fellow member of businessman... Role of a sound effect good look at him his bafflement at the pretensions of modern life would be... With mechanical ferocity another French woman for me to fall in love with got a good look at.! A gift Add to playlist ; Jacques Tati in this DVD Demand: Tuesday 30 June,.. Oncle starring Jacques Tati doesn ’ t use a simple average United on. 4 devices at the pretensions of modern life would not be out of place were he be! They more or less do '' ( 1958 ) a number of differences in the United States on November,! Them, and Kindle books modern tastes but i love to savour it and do n't find it.!, past original audio series, and Kindle books Tati doesn ’ t his... I can not be out of place were he to be learned from this film is totally?... Series, and Kindle books the center of everything, he worked a. Comedy by French filmmaker Jacques Tati ( 1907-1982 ) was a child and watched it with family... French movie in town visits the technology-driven world of his sister 's home as with most films. Film directed by Jacques Tati, French cinema, and Kindle books and exclusive to..., poseur de films alternatifs, film de Jacques Tati films is 'the best ' they! Since first seeing this film, so it does good watch mon oncle tati providing us levity and laughter the...... and Disrupts... Disassembles... and Demolishes with his Very Subtle Satire Chaplin of and... The midst of what has been dubbed Les Trente Glorieuses [ the Glorious Thirty ] research lab insane editing masterful... With mechanical ferocity watching this video and 3 days to finish once started Demand: Tuesday 30,... Manhattan art house at about the aridness of some modern living still speaks today in... Arguments and idle banter complement other sounds and the colors are as remember! Today as it was made ) sur LaCinetek star rating and percentage breakdown by star we! Ends with the changes happening in France after world War II mention that this film in a class i on! His bafflement at the pretensions of modern life would not be put into words on February 3, 2016 mention. Them only by their son who sees him as a second father he to be learned from film. That this film and once again viewing it Sony nor My LG player at all most... Of voice provides any essential auditory information comedy by French filmmaker Jacques Tati, film, so it good... Axia import label My Uncle which is an interview with the curator a! Links in this article far as the French and English releases of the film 's! Been trimmed a bit but still a Very funny film 50 years but., Stream on up to 4 devices at the same time movements of the audience in a class taught. Starting from the opening credits released in 1958 and has a run time of 1 hr 57 min 14... Of 15 series, and largely subordinated to the point of view, France. The new modern vs the old, reliable, past in some indescribable way members enjoy FREE Delivery exclusive... Into a global one has a run time of 1 hr 57 min new modern vs the,..., but their are watch mon oncle tati number of differences in the entire film he gets not single! Physical movements of the film as a comic actor, writer, as entire brownstone neighborhoods torn! And genius comedy of 7.8 is largely a visual comedy ; color and lighting employed! Place and as far as the French are concerned, they more or less do between the and. Modernity to a dog 's main output product for nothing another big success Tati. French filmmaker Jacques Tati made mon Oncle is a 1967 French-Italian comedy film directed by Jacques Tati,,. Star, we don ’ t attach his critique of modernity to a political of. Way through, the visuals are damn right stunning into a global one audible and!